Ibadan, Oyo State.
The Ijero Development Association on Saturday, 11th January, 2020 held it’s first extended meeting of the Board of Trustees (BoT), comprising other critical stakeholders, to deliberate on ways the association could be further strengthened.
The meeting, which was held at the BoT Chairman’s residence, located at Aladekomo Estate, Ibadan, the Oyo State capital focused on efforts to familiarise members of the BoT, and other members of the CCC, particularly the Chairmen of the various committees, as well as to discuss issues relating to IDA.
The meeting also set out modalities for the advancement of the association through quality advice.
Meanwhile, after extensive deliberations, the following decisions were made through a communique made available to newsmen :
That membership of IDA should be by the following:
One or both parents born in Ijero.
Spouse of Ijero indigenes
Residence in Ijero for a continuous period of not less than 10 years and verifiable contributions to the development of Ijero among other considerations.
Also, a Constitution Review Committee was conceived to be set up for the purpose of carrying out comprehensive review of the constitution with a view to implement the following among others:
That the powers of the Grand patron should be limited to advisory functions in the Association.
That the Organogram be modified with a view to making IDA independent.
It was further resolved that the structure of the defunct Ijero Progressive Union (IPU) should be collapsed to Ijero Development Association ( IDA), and all its activities, including it’s financial activities be incorporated hence forth.
On the need to constantly finance the association, members were enjoined to to do more in making substantial financial commitment through prompt payment of annual dues and development levies.
Also, leadership of the CCC and Committee members were implored to lead by example and make generous
donations of not less than N100,000 for the smooth take off of the association.
On election, the meeting agreed to operate on the prism of unity of purpose to elect new officers.
It added that electioneering and swearing in activities should not exceed 4 weeks, and that elections should be held without personal animosity or rancour, emphasizing that only competent individuals would be endorsed to serve the association.
Generally on a final note, the meeting resolved that a Strategic Committee should be set up to ensure that Ijero indigenes actively participate in politics of the state and Nigeria in general to create opportunities aimed at protecting the interests of the town and engender prosperity.
In same vein, the chairman Board of trustees, Professor Johnson Aladekomo, in his good will message and closing remarks urged members to shun rancour among the leadership of the association and ensure they all think about can what to be done for Ijero not otherwise.
The host of the meeting, Prof. Aladekomo said he was so happy seen Ijero indigenes coming together to unanimously move the community forward, saying the spirit of oneness, unity and love embraced to achieve what has been should not depart from it as thes can take the association and community to it’s destination.
The meeting has in attendance the following personalities from different part of the nation, such as.
1. Prof. J.B Aladekomo – Chairman, BoT
2. Prof. Folayan Ojo – Member, BoT
3. Pharm. Tope Olowoyo – Member , BoT
4. Maj. Gen. Kayode Oni (rtd) – Member, BoT
5. Prof. Sola Akanni – Member , BoT
6. Engr. Niyi Owoyomi – Chairman, CCC
7. Princess Adetoun Agboola – Secretary, CCC
8. Hon. Yemi Arokodare – Member, CCC
9. Otunba Niyi Babade – Member, CCC
10. Mrs. Bimpe Osasona – Member, CCC
11. Pastor Akin Alufa – Chairman, Education Committee
12. Mr. Adebomi Onisile – Chairman, Finance Committee
13. Barr. Tosin Osundahunsi – Chairman, Legal Committee
14. Mr. Rotimi Omoboriowo – Chairman, Infrastructure Committee
15. Mr. Adeniyi Adesina Folorunso – Chairman, Information and Cultural
16. Mr. Olalekan Alufa Wellington, – Chairman, Women Empowerment
17. Prince Tolu Onisile, – Immediate Past President of IPU and
18. Barr. (Dr.) Bayo Adaralegbe – Member BoT of IPU and Resource Fellow
19. Mrs. Folakemi Oyewole – Resource fellow